Running in summer. When I was younger I didn't have any problem to do my workouts in summer but now I suffer the heat: the runs are harder, I feel weaker and the pace is slower.
For these reasons I planned a strategy to survive this hot season and to resist until fall when I will be able (I hope) to enter some race again:
1. Run in early morning. I go out at 06:30 a.m. and I finish before 08:00 a.m.;
2. The route always includes a couple of fountains to refresh me, just in case. This is a fountain, well appreciated also by the pigeons. Some years ago it was stolen and short time later recovered:
3. The route must be shady and, if possible, under the trees or in the country;
4. After the workouts a drink with potassium and magnesium. Every day a diet rich of fruit and vegetables;
6. Don't be in hurry to come back to the competitions.
And now a couple of explicative photos:
1990 La Maddalena Naval Base - No problem at all to race under the sun.
2019 Bolsena Lake - Better not to run under the sun:
Loving the nature: As you know I am an animal lover and proud member of many associations for the protection of the animals. Here are some photos of birds.
My wife feeds some "old friends":
A nice family:
A robin that I rescued by a cat:
3 robins in Rome:
My grandson and I while feeding the ducks just killed by scum people (see my last post):
A seagull that daily comes to eat in my garden:
Are you an animal lover? Do you have any pets at home?