Why Black Knight

The name Black Knight comes from this famous joke in roman slang. A man tells this story:
The Black Knight and the White Knight make a duel and the Black Knight kills the White Knight. Now the White Knight had 3 sons, they challenge the Black Knight to a duel and the Black Knight kills all of them. Now they had 3 sons each and the 9 White Knights challenge the Black Knight to a duel but the Black Knight kills of all them. Now they had 3 sons each and the 27 White Knights challenge the Black Knight to a duel but the Black Knight kills all of them.
Please stop the story, what do you mean, what is the moral?
The moral is: "Don't piss off the Black Knight"!!!!!!!!!


Wednesday, 6 December 2023

Canino - Olive Oil Run - Km. 10

Last Sunday I ran the Olive Oil Run in Canino (in the so-called Tuscia Region, Viterbo province) on a very demanding route, characterized by continuous uphill and downhill stretches, through the narrow streets of the ancient town and in the middle of the olive groves.

As in all the races that take place in such area, there is a large participation of very competitive runners and, therefore, also considering my age, I finished in the last pack.

Stats:

10 km. in 58:24 (chip time);

527 of 623 over all;

20 of 27 in my a.g.

The swag was a bottle of the very famous local olive oil and a wooden art medal. I also obtained an additional medal given to all the runners who completed the Tuscia marathon: 3 different races, for a total of 42.2 km, held in Montefiascone, Viterbo and Canino.





49 comments:

  1. Well done. Your prize was richly deserved - and I bet the olive oil was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on crossing the finish line well under an hour! From my running days, I can remember how challenging the races were that involved lots of up hills and down hills. That wooden art medal is unique and I am sure a coveted medal to own! I tried to picture what it might look like running through olive groves, I bet it was pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The races with up hills and down hills are my favorite.
      You are right, that medal is very appreciate and for this reason every year many runners enter this race.
      Running through the olive groves is relaxing (it is not a trail).

      Delete
  3. Congrats! I love that the prize is local olive oil. 😄

    What a beautiful place to run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a special olive oil, a beautiful place to run and .... to have lunch.

      Delete
  4. Congrats!!! i would run this one just for the olive oil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the swag with local products are my favorite.

      Delete
  5. Well you! You continue to amaze me. How lovely to run amid the olive groves…so Italian! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, in such little places it's possible again to enjoy the real and ancient Italian rural landscape, food and atmosphere.

      Delete
  6. Well done, Stefano! That's a great time, especially considering all the hills!
    I like those kind of races - less than 1'000 people in a beautiful location. How much was the entry fee for this race?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Indeed not a great time but I don't complain, this is what I can do now.
      The entry fee was 13 euro.

      Delete
  7. Running in these gorgeous old towns would be something exhilarating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old towns are perfect to spend one relaxing day before, during and after the race.

      Delete
  8. Congrats! You truly earned your prize, and I'm sure the olive oil was fantastic.

    Happy Thursday, Stefano!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      That olive oil is famous and with a very good taste.

      Delete
  9. You did well, it's good to be able finish. Nice photos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A tough route but 10 km is an affordable distance.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Grazie, ma potevo fare di meglio. Non capisco perché 40 anni fa impiegavo circa 20 minuti di meno per coprire la stessa distanza.......

      Delete
  11. a lot of people join the run...
    Congratulation for your medals...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pleased Your Running Again - Stay Strong & Be Light

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done with the running and finishing the race. Olive oil for a prize is outstanding. It's good to see all your progress in getting back to your love of running. Be well and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion olive oil and local products are the best prizes.
      Have a great day you too.

      Delete
  14. Nicely done, Stefano! Olive oil for swag is a great idea. Who needs another race shirt, right? Congrats on running all three races to make up the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I agree, I got too many race shirts, local products are better.

      Delete
  15. Felicidades te lo mereces. Te deseo un buen fin de semana. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to you! The olive oil for a prize sounds nice. Well done!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bom sábado e um excelente final de semana com muita paz e saúde meu querido amigo. Gostaria de ganhar o azeite como prêmio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is a good prize. Have a nice Sunday.

      Delete
  18. Just as "side-note" - we visited Tuscany and got the very, very best olive oil!!!
    Big thumbs up to your achievement. Age, hahaha.... I would fail totally! (I am sportive, too and walked with soldiers some 20km, but I only walked. Please note: I am small! ;-)..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuscany is a very beautiful region and the food is special.
      Walking 20 km with the soldiers is a very good performance.
      I remember again the tough training when I was in the Navy.

      Delete
  19. Wow this looks like a fabulous location for a race! How beautiful and challenging. Nice job on your time out there under an hour on a hilly tough race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The location is very beautiful and so the near towns are.
      About the pace I cannot do better because I don't follow a speed-works program.

      Delete
  20. Great challenge. Stay fit and healthy. Success for your blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on this race and also getting the medal for finishing the 3 races. I am so glad you were able to run so well! You have made such a fabulous recovery so quickly. The scenery from this run was also amazing and the olive oil was a really nice and practical prize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Racing is such ancient places is a pleasure; everything is perfect: scenery, atmosphere, food.

      Delete
  22. Bom dia de terça-feira, com muita paz e saúde. Sorte e sucesso, meu querido amigo.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on a strong race and for completing the 3 races in the series. A bottle of olive sounds like a nice prize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Local products are the best and also the scenery is important to enjoy the race.

      Delete

Always troubles

I apologize, but I won't be able to write or comment posts for a while. Yesterday, during a workout, I fell on the ground and fractured ...