Why Black Knight

The name Black Knight comes from this famous joke in roman slang. A man tells this story:
The Black Knight and the White Knight make a duel and the Black Knight kills the White Knight. Now the White Knight had 3 sons, they challenge the Black Knight to a duel and the Black Knight kills all of them. Now they had 3 sons each and the 9 White Knights challenge the Black Knight to a duel but the Black Knight kills of all them. Now they had 3 sons each and the 27 White Knights challenge the Black Knight to a duel but the Black Knight kills all of them.
Please stop the story, what do you mean, what is the moral?
The moral is: "Don't piss off the Black Knight"!!!!!!!!!


Sunday, 17 September 2023

Running update - Daily Life

Running update. My training continues regularly following the pre-established program. Unfortunately I will have to run alone again because my runner friends have decided to become a walking group due to some injuries and the age; after all, we are all aged between 60 and 70. In the last 2 weeks I have increased the mileage and I have also tried to be a little faster: my body has reacted well but I prefer not to force. The start is always at 06:30 a.m. to avoid the heat.

Monday 04: 10 km (6.2m);

Wednesday 06: 10.6 km (6.6m);

Friday 08: 10.7 km (6.65m);

Sunday10: 15.7 km (9.75m);

Tuesday 12: 10 km (6.2m);

Thursday14: 10.7 km (6.65m);

Saturday 16: 14.2 km (8.8 m).

This week I will take it easy because on Sunday I participate in a 10km race. The problem is that it is still very hot and the start is at 10:00 am.


And now some photos of my daily life:

In my family we are all animal lovers: this is my grandson Gabriele 7 y.o.

Last Saturday, after a typical Italian breakfast, my wife and I had dinner in the historic center of our city and then we took a walk along the seafront.



During this week end, again with my wife, on saturday we had dinner in Marta and today  we had lunch in the ancient hamlet of Valentano.

Marta

Valentano

Valentano

Have a good week ahead



51 comments:

  1. Buona settimana anche a te! 👋🌈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie e .... forza Italia (di rugby naturalmente)!!!!

      Delete
  2. Boa tarde e bom início de semana com muita paz e saúde meu querido amigo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a dedicated runner. The breakfast and city shots are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you and your friends, I'm hanging by a thread over here. Trying to keep running. My goal now is just to have fun in my running shoes. Which I sure did this past week! Love the little slices of your life that you share here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't give up and keep on running. Better times will come soon. All the best.

      Delete
  5. Your grandson is adorable!
    I enjoyed taking a peek into your daily life.

    Have a great week ahead, Stefano!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos, and your grandson well that is a wonderful shot, he sure does love that cat, great to see.
    You are blessed that you can still run. Your friends, some of them walking now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loves all kind of animal. The same my other 3 grandkids. I am so happy for this.
      Yes, I am, I hope I will able to run for many years again.

      Delete
  7. Well done on keeping up the running! Good luck with your upcoming 10k race. I hope it will cool down a little for you.
    Are there any tourists from abroad in places like Marta and Valentano? I'm guessing much less than in the usual hot spots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can find the tourists in the main towns by the Bolsena Lake like Marta, Bolsena, Capodimonte but not in Valentano. Most of them are from Germany.

      Delete
  8. The mere fact that you are still running - and competitively at that - is an inspiration to all of us. Must be something special in those croissants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a wholemeal croissant with jam and berries: delicious!!!

      Delete
  9. It's wonderful that you are still running and enjoying it. Nice photo of your grandson holding the cat. The cat definitely look comfortable. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful photos. Take care and have a fantastic new week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That cat and his mother live with us (with other 2 cats). The backyard is their kingdom but when night comes they come back home.

      Delete
  10. Delighted that the training is going so well and I hope that Sunday's race went well and that it was not too hot.
    I have not been blogging, just not enough hours in the day but I will get back to it eventually!! Keep well, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please come back to post. Your posts are always very interesting. All the best.

      Delete
  11. I walked 6+km today. Walked. My feet hurt (I´ll make an app with a doctor on that).
    I could never ever run the distance! Respect.
    Sad you lost your group to walking.

    Cute pic with your Grandson!

    You really live in a beautiful area.
    To a good week ahead, happy running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6 km are a very good distance to stay fit. I hope you can solve soon the feet problem.

      Delete
  12. The croissant and coffee look so fabulous right now... this really is the best kind of breakfast. I especially loved the scenic location! Have a fantastic race this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Also the location for the breakfast is perfect: the most ancient square of the city (medieval era).

      Delete
  13. I enjoy seeing the places you visit for breakfast, dinner and your evening walk! The evening lighting looks especially pretty! Good luck with your upcoming race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      These are the last days with the lights on the sea. Fall is coming.

      Delete
  14. Great job on continuing to stay so active! Nice pics of the local scene. Good luck on your race :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      And this evening pizza in the historic center after the rugby match Italy - Uruguay.

      Delete
  15. Boa tarde de quarta-feira meu querido amigo. Obrigado pela visita e comentário.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Boa tarde de quarta-feira meu querido amigo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That little grandson of yours is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. great to have training regularly......
    thank you for sharing beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome.
      Fall is the best season here for training.

      Delete
  19. Good to see your training is going well. Hope you get some of those fall run temps coming your way soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the rainstorm of last night the temp is a little cooler. At last it's fall!!!!

      Delete
  20. Me alegra que todo vaya bien con el entrenamiento. Te deseo suerte en la carrera . La foto de tu nieto con el gato enternece. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello,
    I am in that age group, I prefer walking too. You are in great shape able to run in these races. Th town looks beautiful, love the night time photo. Cute photo of your grandson hugging the kitty.
    Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Walking is a good way to stay fit.
      Have a good week.

      Delete
  22. Eating outside between the buildings looks very romantic, and see view lovely as well. Sounds like you and your wife like to do what hubby and I like to do.....take in the sites. As you know I'm currently blogging about my tour of the UK, but just in recent days hubby and I decided where we touring next year....Sicily. I just got it booked with the tour company and am pretty excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sicily is a wonderful isle. I spent 2 whole months there on the minesweeper "Vischio" when I was in the Navy.
      For a romantic dinner with your husband I suggest the city of Taormina. Mark Knopler (former Dire Straits leader) appreciated that city and wrote the beautiful song "Lights of Taormina".

      Delete
  23. Sorry your running group has become a walking group. Good for you for continuing to run! Looks like you had some nice meals in some beautiful towns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's sad to stay alone. Time flies and now I also go to race alone, however I have great memories.
      In the nice ancient towns of Tuscia the local food is always good.

      Delete
  24. That's a bummer that your running group is transitioning from running to walking. That happened with some of my friends, too. The ones who still run are much younger than me so they haven't started slowing down with age like I have and now I can't keep up with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same here, the runners of the local team are much younger and faster than me, moreover they don't enter my same races; they prefer to run in Rome.

      Delete

Always troubles

I apologize, but I won't be able to write or comment posts for a while. Yesterday, during a workout, I fell on the ground and fractured ...