Why Black Knight

The name Black Knight comes from this famous joke in roman slang. A man tells this story:
The Black Knight and the White Knight make a duel and the Black Knight kills the White Knight. Now the White Knight had 3 sons, they challenge the Black Knight to a duel and the Black Knight kills all of them. Now they had 3 sons each and the 9 White Knights challenge the Black Knight to a duel but the Black Knight kills of all them. Now they had 3 sons each and the 27 White Knights challenge the Black Knight to a duel but the Black Knight kills all of them.
Please stop the story, what do you mean, what is the moral?
The moral is: "Don't piss off the Black Knight"!!!!!!!!!


Sunday, 6 February 2022

January - Rugby - Barbarano Romano

January 2022 – Stats:

15 workouts: 167,8 km (104,3 m);

14 stretching sessions.

No races because all the events are cancelled or postponed for Covid.

 

January – Memories:

January 1997

January 2015

Running Update: The things go better. Thanks to the good weather, the single runs have been a little bit longer but I haven’t done speed works because I don’t have any goals due to the cancellation of the races.

This week I have run 4 times:

Monday: km. 10 (6,2 m);

Wednesday: km. 12,6 (7,8 m);

Friday: km. 12,3 (7,6 m);

Today: km. 14,6 (9,1 m.).


Rugby: Yesterday there was the kick-off of the 6 Nations Tournament (Ireland, Scotland, England, Wales, France and Italy). For the 2nd year in a row I haven’t bought the tickets to not risk to lose my money as it happened 2 years ago when all the matches were postponed.

At that time I got the refund for the matches in Italy but I lost the money for the flights Rome-Dublin a/r: the match Ireland – Italy was postponed but the flights were confirmed and for the low cost tickets there was no refund!

And today France – Italy: C’mon Azzurri!!!

February 2017 - Olympic Stadium - Before the rugby match Italy Ireland

Barbarano Romano: Last tuesday I went to Barbarano Romano (1052 inhabitants) for a walk. This is an ancient town near Rome surrounded by woods. It is a quiet and relaxing place, built on a tuff ridge, with 3 parallel narrow streets. The house are realized with tuff bricks maintaining the original color of the stones; their architecture takes us to the past when time passed slower. There is no noise, no car traffic and the shops are well integrated into the context. People spend their time chatting on the benches under the sun or sitting outside the small bar.

I like this kind of towns very common and all similar in the so called Tuscia Region and, as I can, I go there to spend some hours in total relax and, why not, to have lunch in some typical restaurant tasting delicious local food.

Barbarano Romano

Barbarano Romano

Barbarano Romano

Barbarano Romano

Barbarano Romano

Barbarano Romano

Vejano - A town 3 miles far from Barbarano

 

49 comments:

  1. I can understand your interest in visiting Barbarano. Such a beautiful place. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a jump in the past, when the life was easier and quiet.

      Delete
  2. Hola, un pueblo muy bonito, es muy agradable disfrutar de sitios, donde poder relajarse y disfrutar.
    A ver si se termina ya lo del covid, y podemos volver a la vida normal.
    Feliz semana.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Covid will only be a memory we can enjoy more these beautiful places.
      Have a good week ahead.

      Delete
  3. Grazie per la condivisione. Un bel posticino davvero.
    Buona domenica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bello, tranquillo e rilassante. Finita l'emergenza Covid ci tornerò con un amico per farci una corsetta a/r fino a Vejano e poi per gustarci un pranzetto.

      Delete
  4. Barbarano is such a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos - thank you for taking us there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thanks to the good weather I will go to visit other ancient towns very soon.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful old town. i am quite sure that everyone reading this post wishes they could visit it. And you didn't even have to buy a ticket with a no refund policy to get there,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Rome is only 20 miles far!
      To visit Barbarano we don't need to buy a ticket but we have to pay for visiting Civita di Bagnoregio.

      Delete
  7. So much history where you are! Thank you for sharing!

    I hope the rugby tournament is successful this year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yesterday we have lost the 36th match in a row!!!!

      Delete
  8. Me alegro que todo vaya mejor . Y ese pueblo es muy bello me enamore de él. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely old town it's just beautiful and so nice to not see masses of cars etc. Too bad about the closures but I think it's wonderful you are staying in shape and working out! Good luck with your Rugby Tourney.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such old towns are a real cure for the mind.
      About rugby, Italy has lost the 36th match in a row!!!!

      Delete
  10. So who won the Rugby game? France or Italy? I hope the Azzurri!
    Since I have started with long runs I have been neglecting my speed workouts, too.
    Do you have a track nearby where you can do a weekly session so that you are ready for the races when they start again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. France - Italy = 37 - 10.
      We don't have any hope to win a single match!
      Yes, we have a track but is crowded, I prefer to do the speed works in the suburbs where there are not cars and the routes are flat.

      Delete
  11. Barbarano, has such a lovely, old world charm. i am not familiar with the game of rugby...

    good that you continue to run and stretch, you will be ready when they allow the races again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, an old world charm, I took the pictures at 10:00 a.m. and as you can see no cars and no people to crowd the streets. And it's not a ghost town!
      For sure I will be ready, thank you.

      Delete
  12. The 6 Nations Tournament was on TV here. I thought of you when I saw it. Barbarano Romano looks like a lovely place to visit. How nice your weather is good. THere's still so much winter here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Italy has lost the 36th match in a row.
      Barbarano is beautiful but you visited Rome! Maybe next time....
      Here it seems Spring.

      Delete
  13. Barbarano Romano looks beautiful and fascinating! I would love to spend an afternoon by myself exploring.
    Glad your running is going so well! Power to the every-other-day runners! I haven't been stretching but I do yoga several times a week- I hope that counts as stretching for my body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many beautiful corners to explore, every brick has a story!
      I have never tried yoga but many friends of mine say that it works.
      And yes, power to the every other day runners!!!!!!

      Delete
  14. I really enjoyed all of your amazing photos of Barbarano Romano. This definitely sounds like a great place to relax and be refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      That is the perfect place to relax body and mind.

      Delete
  15. Barbarano Romano looks so beautiful! Rich with history and architecture…thanks for giving us a glimpse. Nice week of running, Stefano!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes, very beautiful, it is the classic medieval village built with local tuff on ancient Etruscan installations

      Delete
  16. I would love to find a town like that here, although here that’s much harder to come by. They exist, but they tend to come with a price tag.

    You are running quite a bit for someone who isn’t racing! I hope that things settle down & open up sooner rather than later, but meanwhile enjoy that lovely weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here it's the same for Civita di Bagnoregio, we have to pay the ticket to visit the town.
      With the lovely weather I tend to increase the mileage but, at the moment, not the speed.

      Delete
  17. Always Enjoy Your Photos Brother BLK - Stoked About The Tournament - Super Bowl, Olympics, And World Class Rugby = Pure Blissed Out

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I miss the tournament and because of the covid I prefer not to go to the stadium.
      Enjoy the Super Bowl!

      Delete
  18. You keep yourself very busy! Your team didn't win... darn! But I am sure you had fun and had a chance to see old acquaintances.
    The town is very picturesque. A place to visit.
    Keep running.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am retired, so I have plenty of time in the morning when my 4 grandsons are at school.
      My team always loses the matches, this was the 36th match in a row at the 6 Nations Tournament.

      Delete
  19. Sad about the lost money. Weird times still.
    Didn´t know these countries are into Rugby.
    Oh, those quiet places are just wonderful, as the architecture of the region. And the language! I don´t speak, but it sounds so beautiful.
    Whenever I cook I have Adriano Celentano on my BOSE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since 2019 some rugby federations have been saying that Italy should leave the 6 nations because it is too inferior to the other teams.
      I like the Celentano's songs and .... I like the Scorpions!

      Delete
  20. The Scorpions? I only remember that song with the endless whistling. It drove me nuts, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You got some nice runs in last week!

    Barbarano looks like a lovely little town. I bet your lunch was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I have eaten "lombrichelli" a local pasta made with only water and flour.
      Second dish: vegetables from the near country.

      Delete
  22. Barbarano is beautiful, Black Knight.

    Such a charming old town!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Around here many old towns are similar to Barbarano.
      Have a great week end you too.

      Delete
  23. Hello,
    I am sorry the races are still being canceled due to Covid. Barbarano looks beautiful, lovely walk around this ancient town. Beautiful photos. Take care, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Perhaps in march we can come back to race.
      Have a great week end.

      Delete
  24. Barbarano Romano looks so beautiful ....
    thank you for sharing photos...

    # Good luck with your running race

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVED your pictures. I so wish we would have toured there when we were in Italy a few years ago. We spent time in Rome, but I would have preferred the small town Barbarano Romano. I enjoyed some of the big sites in Rome, but was happy to get out to the less populated areas in Italy. Thank you for posting the pictures. Hopefully February will present fewer hurdles via Covid for you with your runs. I've been trying to note on my calendar the days I walk, or run, or do yoga and or plank. I need to do more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rome is a wonderful city. It takes many days to visit all the city. Glad you liked it. And yes the little ancient towns have their charm too.
      Fortunately in Italy on these days Covid is decreasing. However I have just got the booster.
      Filling a logbook is fun and helps to do more activities.

      Delete

Always troubles

I apologize, but I won't be able to write or comment posts for a while. Yesterday, during a workout, I fell on the ground and fractured ...