Why Black Knight

The name Black Knight comes from this famous joke in roman slang. A man tells this story:
The Black Knight and the White Knight make a duel and the Black Knight kills the White Knight. Now the White Knight had 3 sons, they challenge the Black Knight to a duel and the Black Knight kills all of them. Now they had 3 sons each and the 9 White Knights challenge the Black Knight to a duel but the Black Knight kills of all them. Now they had 3 sons each and the 27 White Knights challenge the Black Knight to a duel but the Black Knight kills all of them.
Please stop the story, what do you mean, what is the moral?
The moral is: "Don't piss off the Black Knight"!!!!!!!!!


Sunday, 13 February 2022

Heart on the sea - Amalfi Coast

Running Update.

On friday I got the booster so I had to plan my workouts in function of it. For this reason the day before I ran slowly for only 10,3 km and I rested the day after. After the shot I felt terribly weak and I needed to stay home in the bed, moreover I had pain on my arm. On saturday all the problems disappeared so this morning I was able to run again.

This week I have run 3 times:

Tuesday: 12,4 km (7,7 m);

Thursday: 10,3 km (6,4 m);

Sunday: 15,3 km (9,5 m).

At last we can come back to race even if with some restrictions and a limited number of participants. I am studying the calendar and I think to start in April with a terrible 12 km (4 laps with heartbreak hills) and a very scenic half marathon around the Orbetello lagoon and through the natural reserve.

 

Heart on the Sea.

Last Monday, during a relaxing walk on the promenade, I took a picture and, what a surprise, a heart on the sea appeared! Could it be a gift for St. Valentine day?


Amalfi Coast - Now I would like to show you a beautiful part of Italy, the Amalfi Coast:


Positano

Positano

Sorrento

Amalfi

Amalfi

Amalfi

Amalfi

Have a good week ahead

52 comments:

  1. Beautiful architecture!

    How cool that heart appeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice that heart until I saw it on the pc.

      Delete
  2. Glad you bounced back after your booster. I have to get my second booster and I'm trying to time it so I have a day to recover! I'm just glad the case count is dropping.

    The Amalfi Coast is just beautiful. I've never been but my sister has as well as several of my friends. I'd love to go there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that one day of rest after the booster will be enough to recover.
      Amalfi Coast is a tourist destination very important, thousands of visitors spend there many days all over the year, especially in summer.

      Delete
  3. The heart in the sky is a wonderful capture. The Amalfi Coast is an area I would love to visit. Thank you for capturing it so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that one day you will be able to visit the Amalfi Coast and the near Naples.

      Delete
  4. Me alegro que te hayas vacunado y que stes bien a pesar del dolor
    del brazo. Me encanto Amalfi es un lugar muy bello. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, now I don't have anymore pain in my arm.
      Amalfi is a very beautiful city.

      Delete
  5. Such beautiful photos you show. Great capture of the heart. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww a beautiful coastline city! The heart on the sea was amazing...you will be well prepared for your race by April...good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Yes, I have plenty of time to prepare my races.

      Delete
  7. YAY, races are back!!
    I just checked out that Orbetello halfmarathon. It looks fantastic - I would definitely sign up for that one.

    That 12k race sounds mentally and physically challenging. But it must feel good when you're finished. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure I will sign up for Orbetello: the perfect place for a race and a post-race lunch.
      The 12 km is a crazy race, I don't understand why we have to do 4 laps through the city when it's possible to find another better solution.

      Delete
  8. What A Beautiful Location - And Good On You For Prevailing Post Booster - Life Is Grand And Its Good To Be Us

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. However I was worried because the person who got the shot before me fainted after 5 minutes.

      Delete
  9. Glad that you recovered quickly from the after effects of the booster shot. The Amalfi coast is perhaps one of the most beautiful areas in all of Europe, and certainly featured as a tourist destination in all the travel brochures we see here. There is a very large expatriate Italian community here in Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know about the Italian community in Ontario; I'm sure they love Canada.
      A friend of mine lives in Nanaimo with his family and he always tells me how wonderful is your Country.
      Amalfi Coast and the near Sorrento Peninsula are something of special, incredibly beautiful.

      Delete
  10. Your photos are always so beautiful!! Love the heart shape the sun made! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I didn't notice that heart on my I-Phone. I saw it when I put the image on the pc.

      Delete
  11. That heart-shaped sunrise is breathtaking! All of the covid shots have left me feeling like yuck...glad the after effects don'y last too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had only problems with the first shot one year ago: fever, pain everywhere and weakness for 2 days.

      Delete
  12. It's great that you were able to get your booster shot and that the after effects were short-lived. And that's fabulous news that races are starting to open up! Can't wait to start hearing about your races.

    Visiting the Amalfi Coast is on my bucket list. It looks so beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I can't wait to race again.
      I hope you will be able to visit the Amalfi Coast in the near future. Those places are beautiful in every season.

      Delete
  13. Love the heart & always love the scenery that you share!

    Glad your booster reaction wasn't too bad and that you can get back to racing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      The calendar is filling up and maybe in March I will be able to sign up for the first race in 2022.

      Delete
  14. That heart on the sea is crazy! Just in time for Valentine's Day. Those pictures of the Amalfi coast are stunning.
    Now that you've gotten the booster and races are coming back, I hope you can enjoy some good racing this spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I took the picture I didn't notice the heart, I realized the image only after I saw it on the pc.
      Before Covid ,spring was the season of the running events.

      Delete
  15. Thank you so much for sharing the gorgeous photos of the Amalfi coast. It would be amazing to be able to visit someday. Have an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome.
      I hope that one day you will be able to visit Italy and ... the Amalfi Coast.

      Delete
  16. Glad you are feeling better after the booster and that you are eyeing some racing in April. That is a wonderful pic! It must be a good sign! Love your Amalfi Coast pics. It's been 20 years since I've been there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I am sure it was a wonderful vacation. Did you go there in summer?

      Delete
  17. the coast is gorgeous, if i am not able to visit in person, this is the next best thing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows? Maybe in the near future you will be able to visit those places.

      Delete
  18. These photos are absolutely stunning and make me want to get back to traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your photographs filled me with wanderlust.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hola, muy bonitos esos lugares que nos enseñas , dignos de conocer. Me alegro que vuelvas a correr, desearte para las carreras.
    Feliz fin de semana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Can't wait to be able to travel again.
      Have a good week end.

      Delete
  21. by watching your video, yes, the Amalfi Coast looks so wonderful...

    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome.
      I would like to come back there to spend some days in total relax.

      Delete
  22. What a beautiful heart!!!
    And place, ohhh... I do miss the ocean. And I really loved Italy (Tuscany, haven´t seen more).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love Tuscany: beautiful places, ancient towns, art cities, green country, thermal baths, a lot of history, good food, sea, hills .... what else?

      Delete
  23. Hello,
    I am glad you recovered well from the booster shot. Love the view of the sea and palm trees. The Amalfi Coast is beautiful, what a gorgeous place to visit. Wonderful photos. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      3 days ago 2 swans were swimming in front of that part of the promenade but I was not in time to take some pictures.
      Have a great week end.

      Delete
  24. Have been to The Amalfi Coast, it is truly gorgeous!! Would love to go back and am so glad we got there pre-Covid; as I just don't know what European travel looks like going forward. Awesome picture of the heart in the cloud, very cool indeed. Sorry to hear you felt bad after your booster, but glad it didn't last and that you were able to get it. I felt worse after my 2nd shot with temp, but didn't need to go to bed and had no soreness; with the booster I felt a bit head achy, slight fever for a day and half. Sure beats the alternative, doesn't it. Keep up the good work with your training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you also visited Rome when you went to Amalfi? On your profile I see the photo in Rome, Piazza Navona.
      I can't wait to come back to travel.
      Enjoy the week-end.

      Delete
  25. I supscribe to this site on Instagram (or TicTok??) called 'View Porn' and the Amalfi Coast shows up frequently. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Along the Amalfi Coast every town is a "jewel" on the sea.

      Delete
  26. I would love to visit these places, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Always troubles

I apologize, but I won't be able to write or comment posts for a while. Yesterday, during a workout, I fell on the ground and fractured ...