Why Black Knight

The name Black Knight comes from this famous joke in roman slang. A man tells this story:
The Black Knight and the White Knight make a duel and the Black Knight kills the White Knight. Now the White Knight had 3 sons, they challenge the Black Knight to a duel and the Black Knight kills all of them. Now they had 3 sons each and the 9 White Knights challenge the Black Knight to a duel but the Black Knight kills of all them. Now they had 3 sons each and the 27 White Knights challenge the Black Knight to a duel but the Black Knight kills all of them.
Please stop the story, what do you mean, what is the moral?
The moral is: "Don't piss off the Black Knight"!!!!!!!!!


Sunday, 12 May 2019

City of Corchiano - Race Recap

May 12, 2019 at 10:00 - Km. 11.
Corchiano is a beautiful little town in the country, with a population of 3800, in Lazio Region, Viterbo Province. Inside its territory there are many natural monuments, protected areas and WWF oasis.
The route of the race was challenging with the usual tough uphills, but very scenic, surrounded by woods and plantations of hazelnut trees. Below flowed characteristic creeks.


In these towns the participants are very competitive and not numerous because of the challenging routes, so it's difficult to meet runners who only come for fun.
Official stats: 11 km in 1:00:43 - 199 of 221 overall - The swag was very rich. Unfortunately there are no pics of the race.


Have you raced this week end?

12 comments:

  1. I've never got such a good swag! Congrats on your average pace, considering tha challenging track. I know those beautiful paths through hazelnut trees.

    This month You're are running challenging races: last week 10 km against the strong wind from North, and today a 11 km race completely uphill/downhill. It's easy to see that your running shape is improving slightly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am waiting for you to reorganize the Black Knight Army.

      Delete
  2. You run in the most incredible places! Well done on another strong effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, beautiful places, I love to discover new little towns in the country far from the crowded and polluted big cities.

      Delete
  3. That's pretty great race swag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is, more or less, the usual swag we get when we race through little towns around here or in Tuscany.

      Delete
  4. That looks like an amazing place to race! And the swag, too.

    I don't think they would still be waiting around for me to finish. :) You guys are definitely very competitive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I am not anymore competitive but I don't give up.
      However I am sure you will have fun to run in such places.

      Delete
  5. Nice swag.

    I would love to run in Italy. Maybe some day.

    Your non-competitive self is more competitive than many runners your age in the US. I noticed that when I raced in Paris. You guys are way more serious. So many Americans just run for fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Italy we can run just for fun only in big events (mainly flat routes) in big cities, where there are many participants. Into the little town we only find competitive runners.
      Of course you are very welcome to Italy.

      Delete
  6. What beautiful scenery. We have nothing like that here. Great swag too. I will not race again until June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, now you need a bit of rest after the marathons but I am sure that very soon you will be ready for "great deeds" again.

      Delete

Always troubles

I apologize, but I won't be able to write or comment posts for a while. Yesterday, during a workout, I fell on the ground and fractured ...