Why Black Knight

The name Black Knight comes from this famous joke in roman slang. A man tells this story:
The Black Knight and the White Knight make a duel and the Black Knight kills the White Knight. Now the White Knight had 3 sons, they challenge the Black Knight to a duel and the Black Knight kills all of them. Now they had 3 sons each and the 9 White Knights challenge the Black Knight to a duel but the Black Knight kills of all them. Now they had 3 sons each and the 27 White Knights challenge the Black Knight to a duel but the Black Knight kills all of them.
Please stop the story, what do you mean, what is the moral?
The moral is: "Don't piss off the Black Knight"!!!!!!!!!


Friday, 26 April 2019

Maratonina Acquapendente Race Recap

April 25, 2019 at 10.00 – km. 7.2
    Acquapendente is another beautiful little town, with a population of 5.500, in Lazio region, Viterbo province.

 

    I made the decision to enter, when possible, the races organized in such province for many reasons: not far from home, beautiful places, good food, friendly people, good post race refreshment and usually rich swag with local products. The routes are not so good even if shorter than the usual: heartbreak uphills, cobblestone, narrow streets and few participants (this depends by the difficult routes).
    The Acquapendente race had all the features listed above, none excluded, but the worst were the uphills and the streets with cobblestones flooring. Moreover it consisted of 5 laps through the town.
    At the moment we don’t have yet the official restults however my finishing time was 40:16 (5:36/km – 9:01/ml) and, what a surprise, I received the prize for the 10th place in my age group: a bottle of Chianti wine.


     Unfortunately I have lost all my “speed” because of the incident in my shoulder (January 2016). As you can see in the pic, after the surgery the right shoulder became lower than the right one and also the conformation is different because in place of the rotary capsule I have a prosthetis. But never mind I don’t give up.


Here are other pics of the race:





Last but not least a very well refined gentleman who ran without the bib:

 

12 comments:

  1. That dog sure looks thirsty!

    I can't even imagine racing on cobblestones. We have a holiday run that's on cobblestone for just a short amount of time -- I'm always afraid of falling!

    The secret to staying young is to just keep going, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed the dogs were 2 and many runners were scared when met the 2 "gentlemen" in the middle of the street.

      Delete
  2. I've never got a bottle of Chianti red wine after a race! I've never run a race entirely on cobblestones! Congrats on 10th place in your age group, considering you ran through narrow alleys. Not to mention of the dangerous cobblestones.

    Running races in Viterbo and its surroundings are always pleasant: I remember good refreshment points and friendly volunteers along the track.

    After the race you said that If I had run at your average pace, I would have got the same bottle of good red wine. Unfortunately I was not adequately trained to run at 05:36 min./km

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join the Black Knight Army and you will win lot of prizes.
      I am sure you can run at that pace and also faster.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great race in a beautiful setting. Congrats on your age group placing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed a very beautiful place, a medieval town inside a natural park.

      Delete
  4. I certainly like your choice in races these days. Looks like the location and swag more than makes up for those hills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the place deserves the effort. About the swag .... I am teetotal.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on placing in your age group, that's awesome!

    I would love to travel abroad and do a race like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Often the dreams come true and one day you will run some marathons in Europe!

      Delete
  6. Great job on finishing 10th in your age category! That sounds like a pretty little town you got to run through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This year I have planned races only in towns like this.

      Delete

Always troubles

I apologize, but I won't be able to write or comment posts for a while. Yesterday, during a workout, I fell on the ground and fractured ...