At last, after 2 months of quarantine, we see a light: since last week it's allowed to run “near” our home. Our Premier’s Decree is not clear so, the main interpretation of “near”, is 200 meters around home: too much close but better than nothing.
Instead, by the 4th of may, we will be able to run everywhere through the city but with the respect of the social distance.
During the total lockdown before I ran on the treadmill, later around my garden and on these days “near” house waiting for the 4th of may. The weather now is perfect for good runs: warm and sunny.
The record of a single workout on the treadmill was 9,1 km (I get crazy on the “dreadmill”) and around the garden was km. 14,1 (8,76 m).
At the moment, and maybe for all the 2020, in Italy all the races are suspended or cancelled: we wait for further government regulations. It’s only possible to enter virtual races.
What about a blogger-friends virtual race (5k or 10 k)? I also think of an official virtual race where we can participate as “name to decide bloggers running group” (or similar).
April 2020 stats: 151,5 km (11 workouts in the garden and 3 workouts “near” home).
May 2020 goals:
1. To use also the treadmill to prevent it from breaking how it happened to my first one. During the total lockdown I could use the old one 6 times only and after it “passed away”;
2. To keep on doing my workouts every other day;
3. To improve the mileage of my workouts (now every single workout is 10/12 km long);
4. To enter some virtual race.
Here is a gift of my running mate Giorgio. The event is the Race of the Cure 2019 in Rome:
Now I introduce you some critters of my garden:
STAY SAFE




At Least The Blissmill Was An Opportunity To Move The Body - Please To Read That The Outdoors Are Becoming A Possibility - Excellent Photos - Keep Us Posted
ReplyDeleteCheers
those are some good, "doable" goals. we are all hoping to get some leniency on outdoor movement. the seagull reminds me of home, it's a great picture!!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for May 4th to arrive for you! We still have a stay at home order, but we can go out for exercise as long as we maintain social distancing. I am signed up for 8 races in 2020 and so far all of them have been postponed or changed to virtual races. I am afraid there will be no actual races for all of 2020, but we will see. I love seeing your critters in your garden!
ReplyDeleteThat's great that you will be able to run but keep social distancing. We are still restricted to 2km of our house but we have a few trails near us so that is good.
ReplyDeleteStay safe!
Glad to read that things are easing up a bit for you all over there!
ReplyDeleteHello, it has been awhile since I have used my treadmill, I hope it does not break. You have some great goals. It will great for you to get out and run. Take care, enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's some very decent lockdown mileage! I'm so happy to hear that you have a little more freedom to move (and that there's more freedom in the pipeline) - enjoy those outside runs!
ReplyDeleteI'd be keen for a bloggers group virtual run - let me know!
Good goals and good running through lockdown. We are allowed to exercise alone or with members of our household and I've been managing my usual 20 ish miles per week but over 5 shorter runs per week, which is quite unusual for me. Stay well!
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear you can see the light at the end of this pandemic. I hope Chicago can get there soon. 7 weeks feels like eternity. I love the idea of a blogger virtual race. Your garden is looking lovely!
ReplyDeleteI was listening to a podcast about Italy's soft opening and thought of you. Hope you are finally running somewhere other than in circles in your backyard.
ReplyDelete