Why Black Knight

The name Black Knight comes from this famous joke in roman slang. A man tells this story:
The Black Knight and the White Knight make a duel and the Black Knight kills the White Knight. Now the White Knight had 3 sons, they challenge the Black Knight to a duel and the Black Knight kills all of them. Now they had 3 sons each and the 9 White Knights challenge the Black Knight to a duel but the Black Knight kills of all them. Now they had 3 sons each and the 27 White Knights challenge the Black Knight to a duel but the Black Knight kills all of them.
Please stop the story, what do you mean, what is the moral?
The moral is: "Don't piss off the Black Knight"!!!!!!!!!


Sunday, 31 March 2019

March 2019

Skipped race. As I wrote in my last post, I made the decision not to run this morning the local 10 km race because I find stupid a route with 4 laps in a city where we have many possible one-lap routes. However, today I changed my mind but, what a surprise, the organization changed the programmed route without giving preliminary warning: always 4 laps but through different streets. This is not a serious behavior and I confirmed the previous decision to not race. Not so bad because I did a good workout 16.5 km (10,2 ml) long near the sea through a beautiful green path in the country.

March 2019. Unfortunately I haven't run any race but I did 13 workouts for a total of 138,4 km (85,8 ml) and 12 long walks.

March 2005. Below is the picture of a race I entered on march 6th, 2005 in Ladispoli (near Rome). As you can see at that time we used to run wearing shirts in cotton.

8 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, the old cotton shirts! Very sweaty and a good thing that tech shirts were invented. Have you run any of the parkruns in Italy? My friend has run a few and enjoyed them, a friendly 5k timed run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet because the nearest Parkruns are in Rome that is 80 km far. I prefer to race around my city in nice and typical little towns in the country.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like the run you did was much better than the race. Wise choice! I don't think I ever raced in cotton but I definitely wore cotton for gym workouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it really was: a wonderful warm morning in a place full of birds (seagulls, herons, ecc.)

      Delete
  3. A long run by the sea on a beautiful path sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, talk about the power to persuade. Threaten to not run and the course changes????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year always less runners enter that race but they don't change path and behavior!

      Delete

Always troubles

I apologize, but I won't be able to write or comment posts for a while. Yesterday, during a workout, I fell on the ground and fractured ...